Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 1 Summary

My official start to training for Ft. Custer started last Monday. This program involves basically 12 weeks of just building my aerobic base, with 4 additional weeks devoted to speed and ending with 2 weeks of taper. This base building phase is requiring more discipline than I thought it would. The worst part for me has been the run. I'm trying to keep my heart rate in my aerobic training zone, which has meant running way slower than I want to. Finally Saturday I had had enough, and for the last minute of my run, I ran wide open. It felt so good. Totals for the week.

7 miles running
50 miles biking
2500 yards swimming

1 comment:

  1. Nice job buddy. I'm glad you're doing this again! Stay injury-free and you're going to CRUSH your previous time. With just the experience alone, you should be able to shave some time off.

    ReplyDelete