Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 9

The week started off slow, Rachael made me stay home on Monday and not run due to my cold. Tuesday I got up to meet a buddy at Luton Park for a little MTB action. I had bought a new chain for my bike late last week, but neglected to install it. Not far into the ride it blew up, ending the ride. I did take the opportunity though to practice working with momentum. When I got back home, I promptly installed the new chain, and a little bit later was on my way to salvage the day's ride.

The biggest news of the week, was the fairly big weight drop since my last weigh in two weeks prior. I dropped 4 pounds in those two weeks, bringing the total loss to 12 pounds. I don't notice the difference, but Rachael says she does. The only thing I know is that my body is chewing up calories like nothing. It seems like I'm hungry more than I'm not.

I feel like my training is going along well. Although, I did find out that I made a miscalculation in the number of weeks I had for training and have to cut out a week. I've been debating on whether to cut a base building week or a speed week. I think it's going to be a speed week, and just continue to build my base.

Totals for the week:
Swim: 4,750 yards
Run: 6 Miles
Bike: 50 Miles and 1.5 hours on the spin bike.

For those of you who like to look at a graphical representation of the week refer to the following:









No comments:

Post a Comment